Saturday, October 25, 2008

Child of the corn

From pumpkin patch


Remember how the children of the corn were all super-blonde? That's what I was thinking about on the LONG corn maze we did last week.

We went to a really cute, homey pumpkin patch, where Anne Marie picked out two pumpkins- one for her and one for her baby brother. It took awhile because there were nearly unlimited choices. We also got to see the farm animals, and Anne Marie sat still for a face painting, to the amazement of the face painter. I tell people she's not really a run-away type, but they don't believe me.

From pumpkin patch


From pumpkin patch


It took me forever to post this because we were down sick last week (I still am down, and see no immediate recovery). Anne Marie got her second double-ear infection in October, and was in so much pain that she didn't sleep AT ALL for two nights. Now she's on antibiotics again and seems to be feeling pretty good, although she has become a tylenol addict. Every morning, nap time and evening, she starts crying, "hurt! Medicine!" Yesterday when I didn't relent (she was a happy baby until she saw the bottle), she actually asked me for ear drops. What child WANTS ear drops?

Anyway, I'm waiting for that golden moment when her immune system, which has taken a serious beating, starts giving her super-immunity. Everyone tells me if she is this sick now, she'll never be sick later. I don't really believe them, but I'm hoping.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry for the sickness. Hopefully you guys will be germ free soon. Her face pumpkin was very cute!

    ReplyDelete