Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The 11:20 workout

I think I'm going to become the master of the 11:20 p.m. workout.

I came home from work today about 2 p.m., and planned on going on a run/walk sometime this evening. I always plan it, but it never seems to happen anymore. Anne Marie took a 2 1/2 hour nap, throwing off plans for an early afternoon trip, and then I was making dinner, catching Matt on his dinner break, bathing the baby, and listening to my mom's story about getting attacked by a pit bull (another story for another blog).

So, it was 10 p.m. and Anne Marie had finally succombed to sleep. I decided to watch a Law and Order episode. Finally, it was 10:30, and I finally admitted to myself that those countless hours of Denise Austin that I have recorded were for times like these.

I got off the couch and did it. It wasn't as much fun as an outside event, but it was actually pretty nice. I'm going to take a shower and go to bed feeling a whole lot better than I would have if I would have left Denise for another day.

Speaking of Denise (McReynolds, not Austin), if you have found this, I miss you! Matt said he would take Anne Marie to his geeky friends for a few hours so I could go out and do something. Sadly, however, you and everyone else have left me in POcatello alone. :( Can't wait to see you in October!

1 comment:

  1. I miss you too...I can't wait for Oct either. One day we will be back in the same town...one day!

    Oh, and was finding your blog like a great search for me? If so, cool - if not, answer your emails (like the one I asked you where your blog was!)!!

    Keep the blogs coming - your my #1 & 2 favorite bookmarks!

    ReplyDelete