Monday, August 13, 2007

Why yummy?

Why a blog title with the word yummy in it? It's because I got my inspiration while watching Rachel Ray, and the turkey chili burgers she's making sound absolutely awesome, even at 9 a.m.



So I've been wanting to start a blog for a long time, but I have no time. I was reading my dear friend Jeni's blog this morning, and the soothing music she had on it put Anne Marie to sleep, so here we go.



While Anne Marie was falling asleep, waking up a little each time her thumb fell out of her mouth, I started thinking about how continuously amazed I am that she's come this far in such a short amount of time. My little 4 pounder can now sit up and belly-laugh. Check this out:

Then...





... and now



She's pretty awesome, right? I'm incredibly lucky. This little girl wreaked havoc on me when she was in the womb, but since her arrival into the world, she's been nothing but a dream. She rarely cries, always smiles and seems to love life.



They say that when you have a child, things change, and they do, but I haven't really missed much from my previous life.



I still go hiking- Anne Marie enjoys it as well (although her attention span is significantly shorter than mine). We play together, we swim together and we eat together.



I know most people tell me the time goes too fast when you have a baby, but I'm excited for the future. I can't wait until Anne Marie can better enjoy the zoo, or talk to me about how much fun her swim lesson was. I can't wait until we can go to the park and slide down the slide. It's going to be a fun adventure.



Here's another photo of our most recent adventure. If there is anyone out there, I hope you enjoy it!

2 comments: