Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Stealing Jeni's blog, and a poll

Anne Marie has now been asleep for nearly 3 hours! I've finished my office work I brought home and done dishes. Now to blog:

I'd like to steal Jeni's blog idea. I loved it!

What I was doing 10 years ago: I was 19, in Missoula, and head over heels for a good-looking, but beyond cocky and tempermental guy. I go back and forth on whether I regret that relationship. It ended pretty painfully, but I don't think I'd be who I am now without it. Plus, we did have a whole ton of fun while we were having fun. I had no idea what my life would actually be.

5 years ago: I was 24, and had been living in Pocatello two years, I think in the apartment on Hayes Street. I can't remember how many cats I had, but I did have some. I was having a great time with the single (in the non-married, not the unattached) way of life, working long hours, then playing pretty hard with my good friend Aimee. It was about that time that Matt and I "re-engaged." I was starting to feel more comfortable with the idea of dedicating my life to someone else. Things have been pretty awesome ever since.

1 year ago: I spent most of my days throwing up, although by October, it was ever-so-slightly better. I was already absolutely in love with the little puke-maker, and soon I would find out she was a girl. Then, I finally had a reason to buy every pink thing I saw. On the social front, Matt and I had finally found friends that both of us loved (we've always liked each other's friends, but with Denise and Greg, we both loved them), and we were loving life.

Yesterday: Yesterday I dropped Anne Marie off at day care, worked two hours, then got a call to come pick up my pink-eyed daughter. I left without really thinking. I still enjoy writing and editing, but for the first time ever, my life is not at all defined by my job or my schoolwork. I'm still getting used to it, but it's kind of nice.

Now for the poll: I ask you, my three, maybe four readers: Ian (boss) called me today and asked me if I wanted to take Biz Pulse back and move up to 30 hours a week. Right now I work 25. I told him that I would need to get back my health insurance I lost from going part-time. He usually says no when I say that, but this time he said OK. Should I add the hours? Anne Marie now has two days a week at daycare, so it's doable, but it might be kind of tough some weeks. What do you guys think?


Update: Anne Marie woke up, and I found her with two nuks. Here she is:




1 comment:

  1. 1) Emily, I miss you so badly. Greg and I love you, Matt, and Anne Marie also...we really miss just hanging out with you guys. One day it shall return!!!

    2) Anne Marie is the most beautiful baby ever - of course, not having children of my own yet, I can still say that!! :) Even when we do have kids, she will always be at the very top of the list (behind ours!!) :) I love the 2 nuk pic.

    3) Ian asking...interesting. Did the paper finally make the right decision and get rid of a certain bad employee? Hope so. Long overdue. I am not really certain what to say...my gut is yes...that is 5 more hours a week (hopefully that isn't too much)...but the added plus of benefits. My question, though, is he going to still let your position be pretty flexible? Are you still going to be able to work at home? Do you like this assignment? Sorry - emailing this answer just isn't easy...maybe we can talk about it soon.

    4) You do need to count Greg as a reader...he always says that you need to post more often!! :) Once a pain, always a pain....I know!!!

    5) Have a great weekend and I miss you like a crazy person misses their mind!! :)

    ReplyDelete