Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Go Grizzlies!



I went to Missoula this weekend for a Griz game. It was awesome! The game was really close- 31-34, but my Grizzlies still conquered. I never really cared about football in high school, but it's impossible to go to the University of Montana and not become a rabid fan.

I also love that town. I love Pocatello, but Missoula has some sort of magic about it. Downtown is quaint and fun, the scenery is beautiful, and it's where a lot of pivotal life-moments happened for me. Matt's parents live almost against a mountain. You don't really have to leave town to ski, hike or bike. In fact, it's exactly like Pocatello, only with a different personality.

I feel so incredibly lucky to live in the West. I know I've spent my entire life in Idaho and Montana, but I've never even visited anywhere else where I could imagine living. We really do have it all here. The mountains are beautiful, the people are friendly and the weather is perfect for me.

2 comments:

  1. Man, why don't you rub it in a little thicker how wonderful the great NW is now that I don't live there anymore!! Just teasing! I was thinking that the game was soon, b/c I think this was the weekend we went to Missoula with you last year...or maybe that was last weekend. Sorry that I didn't get to hear about your trip back when we talked this week...we will catch up all about it on Saturday!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love missoula- someday i would like to live there- minus all the cold. :)
    the football, though- it would take a lot to make me a fan.

    ReplyDelete