Monday, November 12, 2007

Good friends are hard to find




I absolutely cherish those few friends I have who, even if I haven't seen them for months, can just pick up right where we left off as if we weren't apart at all. Denise and Greg are those people.

This week, I was thrilled to hear they got a crazy hair and decided to drive 13 hours to visit for the long weekend. We met them at 5th Street Bagelry, and, even though it's been several months, it felt like they'd just called from a few blocks away and decided to get together, just like we use to. I've never had a more comfortable breakfast.

Good friends like that are hard to find, and I'm so blessed to have them. They are people who will do anything for me, and I'd do anything for them. It was a good feeling and an awesome weekend. I'm excited for the next one!

2 comments:

  1. Emily,

    We had such a wonderful time with you, Matt, and Anne Marie (and your mom and Alex) as well. You are right - it did feel like just another weekend with you all, not that 4 stupid months had gone by since the last time we saw you. I do have crazy hair as it is...so you never know when it will decide to visit again!!

    Miss you already by good friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome weekend. denise looks like she's a riot to hang out with. :)

    ReplyDelete