Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I'm running

 



I always plan on running a half marathon or marathon, but it seems I sputter out part way through the plan and give up. This time, I'm trying something new. I've got a new plan. First, I found a man and a training plan where WALK breaks are encouraged. Second, I picked a race that I've seen before and looked like fun - the Mesa Falls half marathon. There is absolutely no way I could get ready for an August marathon, but the half marathon program I chose is a 17-week training plan, and I have 19 weeks. It has several choices, including some for those who are planning to do 16 minute miles. I can do that.

So I've been running/walking for a month or so again, but yesterday Anne Marie, Rosa and I went with a purpose. It was so much more fun than just going out for a run. Now it's "training."
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I am very proud of you!!! Can't wait to walk/jog with you in May!!! Please keep us posted on your progress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo hoo!!!! when is it? august? it so makes a difference to have a goal. i get the all clear tomorrow to run again (though i've been cheating kind of- running 5 minutes at a time slowly). i am starting from scratch again and hope i can find something up north to aim for!

    ReplyDelete