Thursday, August 25, 2011

Bieber Fever

BabyThere is some serious Beiber fever in our house- or rather, "Beaver fever" as Anne Marie lovingly calls him. The girl loves the guy. She even sometimes pretends she is Selena Gomez.

At first, she thought Justin Beaver was actually a beaver. Once she got over the disappointment that he was a boy, she decided to remain a die-hard fan.

But even Anne Marie knows that the boy needs a bigger vocabulary.


Actual lyrics: "I was like 'baby, baby, baby, oh"

Anne Marie's lyrics: "I replied, 'baby, baby, baby, oh"


So I guess, to answer Mama Kat's weekly prompt, if I were having a conversation with my daughter about a song, I would congratulate her on keeping Bieber lyrics from dumbing down America. I would tell her to keep trying big words and learning what they mean.


I'm sure she would oblige. Earlier this week, Anne Marie's preschool teacher commented that she was surprised I hadn't picked her up at 4. Anne Marie said, "Well, those were summer hours. During the regular year, my mama typically comes just after 5."

You've got to love a 4-year old testing out the word "typically."



4 comments:

  1. Haha, that is cute! Love the "Beaver fever" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post!!! Glad my kids aren't familiar with Bieber... yet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious! She's quite the wordsmith already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everywhere I go that boy, his hair and his pre-puberty wrecked voice are chasing me. Bring back the Jonas Brothers, all is forgiven. :) xx

    ReplyDelete