Monday, May 12, 2008

We can't catch a break

 

Here is what poor Anne Marie woke up to this morning. Turns out she had an allergic reaction, probably to her ear infection antibiotic, but of course she doesn't get a normal allergic reaction. Those horrible red hives are actually erythemia multiforme. The doctor told me it was mild, and to remember that if I looked it up on the Internet. So of course I looked it up, and it's scary! The mild form isn't bad, but if it gets worse, it's incredibly deadly. It makes me want to curl up and cry. I hope that this doesn't get worse, and that it doesn't scar. At best, though it will clear up in 3-6 weeks. That's forever! When we took her to the doctor's office, people pulled their children away so they wouldn't catch her disease (It's not contagious, but since they didn't know, I don't blame them). It's going to be tough to have that happen everywhere we go for six weeks, though. Those looks make me want to cry or slap somebody. On the good side, she doesn't feel sick at all. She's perfectly happy. Wish us luck these next few weeks!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. I can understand how you feel about the "What's wrong with that kid" looks. It can be really tough when people stare instead of asking questions. I hope she gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really sorry Emily...you guys are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and she's walking?! that turkey! :) of course she'll do it when mom's away- that is how kids roll. we put in all the work and they show off for others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ouch!!!! pobrecita! that is so sad. k has a big rash on his cheeks from his sunscreen, but luckily i have never seen the likes of those hives! i hope she feels better soon and they go away fast!
    i will be in idaho, but vehicle-less... :( i fly to i.f. b/c i have to drop the jeep off in seattle. i will be there for awhile though! i may see ariel in baltimore when i'm there! that will be a trip!!!

    ReplyDelete