Thursday, July 24, 2008

In response to my fans... :)

An update... Sorry I have been gone, but I just got back from a 2 week excursion to Glacier and Redfish Lake, and it also turns out that bean is sucking my will to live.
I will never understand people who have a baby, then say they miss being pregnant. I love offspring, and I fully understand that pregnancy is one of the ways to have children, but it is definitely a means to an end. In the meantime, I puke, then puke, then dry heave. Icky. (Denise, I apologize for being a "pregnancy is a disease" person- I think I'll feel better after a nap. :))

On a happier note, I see puking as a sign that bean is likely growing and flourishing. I had another blood test yesterday, and my white blood cell count still isn't normal, but I guess it's a little bit better. On Tuesday, I have another appointment, and I really hope we get to hear the heartbeat. I'll be 10 1/2 weeks along.


Here's a photo tour of our vacation:

First, a romantic day for brother-in-law Tom and his new bride Amy



Anne Marie and I partied until dawn (or 11) and Anne Marie got a new auntie:





Then we went camping in Glacier. Here's Anne Marie settling in:



The view from our tent:



Anne Marie, Jr. Ranger:



A family photo:



Then it was on to the Sawtooths for my family reunion:





Anne Marie made a new friend:



And played a lot with grandma:


Another family photo:

3 comments:

  1. i should clarify- i am not kidding that you do look fantastic. i am kidding that i doubt your puke-i-ness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry you are sick! ick! how cute is anne marie?! incredibly, i say. look at her BLONDE BLONDE hair! she is adorable! i want to pick her up and squeeze her! :)
    what a great couple of trips! and by the way, you are looking nothing like a sick pregnant woman! you look way too happy and glowing and great to be sick- you must be making stories up about that. i believe pregnant. sick? i think you're pulling for extra naps. (i am, of course, just kidding- now, go sleep!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must agree with Jen...I think you may be just faking the puking stories...you look way too happy! :) Anne Marie is so stinkin' beautiful! I am SO incredibly jealous of your trips to Glacier and Red Fish....one day...hopefully soon! Thanks for FINALLY updating the site! just teasing!

    ReplyDelete