Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sibling love

Why in the world must sibling love be so volatile?

From Albuquerque

A typical conversation in my house:
Anne Marie:
AHhhhhhh! Thomas no!
Thomas: nonononononononono Ahhhhhhhh! (stomping feet and flailing hands)
Me: What happened?
Anne Marie: I didn’t want Thomas to look at me.

Also typical:
Anne Marie
: Don’t worry, Thomas, I’ll help you read.
Thomas: meow, meow
Anne Marie: Mama, he said, “kitty cat!” I’m so proud of him! Great job Thomas!

Why is it they can share an ice cream cone, bite by bite (yes I let them do that- the cuteness overrides any germ issues to me), but can’t share space on a couch that seats four?

Why does Anne Marie fiercely defend her brother at daycare, then take him out pro-wrestling style at home 15 minutes later, then a few minutes after that, welcome him into her blanket fort?

I have a brother, but I’m still not sure I’ll ever get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment