Thursday, August 5, 2010

Anne Marie says...

From Redfish 2010

I know all kids say cute things, but the stuff that comes out of my daughter's mouth is just something else. Here's some examples:

"Mama, I guess XXXX(kid from daycare) and I are in love."
When I ask who told her that, she says, "I don't know. No one. Whatever."

"Mama, I love the slide so much I can hardly speak. I will always hold the slide in my hand." I have no idea what this means, but it's very dramatic.

Listening to a radio ad about something being a "rip-off". "Mama, watch out! The rip-offs could take your house."

Listening to NPR, where the host introduces a comedian by saying where you could "bump into him." "Oh no Mama, they're going to bump into him! They shouldn't bump into him."

Listening to NPR, with back-to-back stories about a cop-killer and a recall of pain killers. "Oh no, mama, a cop killer. OH NO MAMA, A PAIN KILLER!"


Talking to her brother: "Perhaps we should play 'Ring around the Rosy."

Driving in the car. "Where are we?" me: Blackfoot Anne Marie: Oh, I have never seen this beautiful place called Blackfoot!

Just a note — Blackfoot isn't really all that beautiful, and she has been there before. She just likes to add some excitement now and then.

2 comments:

  1. these are great! I was just telling Matt on FB that I miss the quote of the day from the Frandsen home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love how overly dramatic they are. My 4 y.o.'s fave phrase is "this is the worst day of my life"
    Yeah.. right.

    Or how about "We haven't done this in YEARS" Years? Seriously? You're 4.

    Cracks me up!

    Anyhow.. love the blog! So much so that I tagged you in a meme if you are interested!
    http://thetoughestjobyoulleverlove.blogspot.com/2010/08/tagged-my-blogging-experience.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete