Monday, October 11, 2010

Cheese Ravioli with Three Pepper Topping

I found this recipe on www.allrecipes.com, and I thought I would share. On the pepper front, mine isn't usually three peppers. I usually just use whatever peppers I have. It's less pretty, but it's cheaper.


1 pound frozen or refrigerated cheese ravioli
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 cups chicken broth, divided
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

Cook cheese ravioli according to package instructions. Set aside.

Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion and bell peppers until tender. Add one cup of the broth, season with pepper flakes, and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in remaining broth, and cook until most of broth has evaporated. Spoon pepper mixture over ravioli.

No comments:

Post a Comment