Thursday, April 28, 2011

Almost Heaven

"How far to heaven? Just open your eyes and look. You are in heaven" -Shankar


From Teton Park and fair



<
From Darby Canyon September 2010



Of course, heaven is likely even better than where we are now, but when things look rough, I can't help but think about how lucky I am. Of course, I am lucky to have a wonderful family, a home and a job. One of the things that makes me luckier than most, however, is that this: 


From Redfish 2010


is my backyard. Not literally, but pretty close. My kids don't have to spend all day in the car to see a beautiful mountain, or to hike on a trail where no one else is hiking. Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks can be day trips. I got to grow up in beautiful country, and my children are getting the same opportunity. There is absolutely no feeling like coming over a hill and seeing the Sawtooths, or the Tetons, or the beautiful mountains of Glacier National Park. It truly makes you feel just a bit closer to God. 


Mama’s Losin’ It




3 comments:

  1. I love that quote from Ravi Shankar. You are indeed fortunate to live in such a beautiful place.

    Stopping by from Mama Kat's. Thanks for visiting Grams Made It.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeous! I love it when people appreciate where they are instead of wishing they were somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete