Friday, August 29, 2008

The classic that could kill me

 


This book seems harmless. Who could hate Baa, Baa Black Sheep?

Well, certainly not Anne Marie. I read her that book no less than 30 times yesterday afteernoon. Then, when Matt got home, he read it 30 more. We went to the grocery store, where Anne Marie said, "Mo Baaa Baa" while signing "more" until I sang her the song over and over. But these are typical toddler fun activities right? I was tired of the song, but I was surviving.

That is, until 4 a.m., when I heard those horrible words coming over the baby monitor, "Mo baa baa!" Then I heard her say,"Oh, no," then uncontrollable crying. It seems that her need for her favorite song woke her up enough to see all the scary shadows in her room, and she freaked out. Three hours later, she fell back asleep. That book will haunt me in my dreams.


Meanwhile, Bubba, who has become a great lover of the outdoors, saw a couple of cats in our backyard that he wanted to fight. So, about 5 a.m., he started howling at the door (I didn't take the picture then- this is something he does a lot). When Bubba howls, Freddy gets ticked off and usually attacks him. So Bubba's high-pitched piercing meow was soon replaced by hissing, growling and the like. No one sleeps in our house anymore.
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. no!!!! no ma baa baa!!! no mo kitty fights!

    oh man. i totally relate. all except for the cat. kellen has done that a few times. now, he sings all day long and makes me sing with him, but only wakes up to come sleep in our bed.

    take a nap if you can. pobrecita!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor gay Bubba....he can't fight like a man! I love Mo Baa Baa!! Too cute...sorry it is haunting, but it is really super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete