Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Bean update

I still don't know what Bean is (known by Matt's mom as L.L. Bean, and as "the bean' to my grandma), but at last I have a set appointment! So I will let the world know Oct. 7 as long as Bean lets me know. I think I'll just die if he/she does not carry my exhibitionist gene.

Jeni asked for photos, and so I'll take some tomorrow. This time around, I am a house! I've gained five pounds, compared to 15 this far with Anne Marie, but it looks more like 40. Hopefully people know I'm pregnant, not just fat. :)

At the doctor's today, everything looked pretty awesome. Usually she tells me the heartbeat is "cute." This time, when it was between 130 and 140, she agreed with me that it sounded like a boyish heartbeat. I honestly don't care whether it's a boy or a girl (although I wish I knew now), but I have this weird idea in my head that two girls would be easier than a boy and a girl. The only other gender issue is that Bean will be a tiebreaker. Counting animals, we are tied. We have a girl dog, two human females, one human male and two male cats. Bean will give one gender the majority. It probably doesn't help on the male side that the cats are both neutered and incredibly effeminate though. They also have a love for each other that goes WAY beyond brotherly love.

I'm not coherent anymore, so I'll go. More later!

2 comments:

  1. bean, listen to me...you gotta let people know! don't be the suspenseful type... your mommy will love you more if you give her this one wish of letting her know what you are before you get here...ok, that's not true, your mommy will love you regardless, but i would be much happier, how about that? :)
    i can't believe you've only gained 5 pounds in 5 months! that is some serious control!
    and i am still cracking up about your cats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know this means that if Bean is a boy, then you are entitled to another girl pet!! Now the question...cat or dog?!!? It was so wonderful talking tonight! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete