Monday, September 29, 2008

Going all pioneer in Pocatello

From Emily's yummy life


Yesterday, I got to feel like Mrs. Ingalls on Little House on the Prairie. Our dryer broke, and Anne Marie and I hung our clothes out to dry. Thank goodness we have a house with a clothesline. I'm guessing not everyone has such things anymore. We're going to get a new dryer, but I really love the smell of my clothes when I take them off the line. They are less wrinkled and smell super-fresh.

Of course, my self-sufficient pioneer woman life was short-lived. I put a pork tenderloin in the oven, left to go look at dryers, and when I came back, it was burnt almost beyond recognition. So, in very un-pioneer like fashion, we went to Wingers.

In other news, it's the season of sickness again. After being well the entire summer, Anne Marie got her second bug of September, and it turned into a nasty double ear infection. The dr. said her throat looked bad too, but there wasn't much point doing a step culture because he was giving her antibiotics anyway.

I've come to the conclusion that it's the college students that bring sickness to her daycare. She went to daycare all summer, and never got sick. But the school year starts, and her entire classroom is sick. They should put a sign up in the Student Union Building - don't cough on the toddlers if you happen upon them on campus.

Drugs are amazing. On Saturday afternoon when I took her to the doctor, she couldn't really even stand on her own, and she cried nonstop with pain. One day on antibiotics, and the girl seemed completely cured. She slept all day Saturday, however, and I am feeling the aftermath. Last night she was up until well past midnight. I want her to get well, so I let her sleep in. Wouldn't you like to be doing this at 10 a.m. ?

From Emily's yummy life

2 comments:

  1. I love drying clothes on a line...we used to do that growing up, and I wish we did again. Did you get a dryer? Sorry that Anne Marie hasn't been feeling well...glad that her meds are kicking in though! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that picture! it makes me feel all summery.
    i dread the era of sickness. it seems like its never ending, whether it's a few days or a few weeks. yuck.

    ReplyDelete