Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summer Bucket List

Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop asked for a list of 50 things I want to do this summer. 50?! We will see:

1. Run through some sprinklers
2. Try at least one of the myriad self-serve frozen yogurts in town.
3. Go to Lava Hot Springs.
4. Go to Indian Springs.
5. Go to Craters of the Moon.
6. Go to Grand Teton Park
7. Go to a minor-league baseball game.
8. Fly a kite.
9. Have a picnic
10. Camp in the backyard.
11. Camp somewhere else.
12. Keep my garden alive.
13. Hike at least once a week.
14. Go to lots of outdoor concerts.
15. Backyard bonfire.
16. See the fireworks.
17. Go to the zoo lots and lots.
18. Potty-train a kid.
19. Paint a room
20. tie dye some shirts.
21. Run somewhere.
22. Ride my bike to work
23. Grill and grill.
24. Go on a date with Matt.
25. Get to Missoula for a trip.
26. Take Anne Marie on a boat ride- she says she isn't scared this year.
27. Go to some movies.
28. Play mini golf.
29. Play disc golf.
30. Make a frosty dessert.
31. Make smores.
32. Drink a pina colada or a margarita.
33. Read a book.
34. Lose15 pounds.
35. Relax.
36. Help out my mom.
37. Freeze chocolate covered bananas.
38. Geocache
39. Go to Farmer's Market.
40. Go star gazing.
41. Eat watermelon.
42. Eat corn.


Dang! That's all I had, but I believe I'm going to do it all. :)

4 comments:

  1. GREAT list... i loved "keep my garden alive." that would have made my list too, if i'd dared to plant again this year... it's not for me...

    We have a trillion trendy frozen yogurt places too. LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very doable list! I saw that prompt and thought..."there is no way I can come up with 50 things"...after reading your list I think I really could. I love that you want to make all the goodies (except for margs & PCs) since you want to lose 15lbs! Great perspective! Thank you for stopping by, returning the favor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super duper awesome and do-able list! I'd love to try geocaching, but ya know... it's new and makes me afraid. Very afraid. Maybe... we'll see. I love the flavor of your blog and have now become a follower. Thanks for the beautious comment on my post. Ya made me feel GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is indeed a fun and doable list. I think you can knock out #23, 31, 41, and 42 in one night! We just put in a new patio with a built-in firepit and I've gotta say - some serious S'more time has been going on here. Always fun for the whole family. :) Enjoy your summer- stopping by from Mama Kat's!

    ReplyDelete