Wednesday, June 29, 2011

SUMMER HOURS

My ode to summer hours:

Now that it finally feels like summer here, I can really enjoy summer hours. Instead of the traditional 8-5, in the summer I get to work 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. The difference is unbelievably awesome. Getting off at 5 feels like evening. Getting off at 4 is in the afternoon.

Last night, we were home by 4:15. Dinner was on the table by 5:15, we'd gone to the store for a t-shirt for Anne Marie's tie dying at daycare by 6:15, and by 6:45, we were setting up a backyard campfire for s'mores and playing in the shade.

Tonight, I'm picking up the kids and driving them 30 minutes to a swimming pool, where we will have dinner and still have time for a couple of hours in the pool before heading home.

With summer hours, we have time for hiking after work, playing after work and having remarkably less stress in the evenings. I love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment