Monday, November 8, 2010

Gift Guide, Week 1

Photobucket

Mama M at "Five Crooked Halos" had a nice idea for a gift guide — a blog hop where people share gift ideas. Week one is children's books. Here are two of our current favorites:
First, Fancy Nancy by Jane O'Connor
Fancy Nancy

This series of books is perfect for Anne Marie, who definitely fancies herself as "fancy." They are all about a little girl who does everything a bit more fancy than the rest of the world, including using fancy words, dressing fancy and more. Adorable!


And, for my heart strings, I love "On the Night You Were Born," by Nancy Tillman.

On the Night You Were Born

The illustrations in this one are beautiful, and the message is beautiful as well. "On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered, 'Life will never be the same.' Because there had never been anyone like you ... ever in the world."

So sweet.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my...just that little excerpt? Made me all teary! I must get that book!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that book - I love the companion "On the DAY You Were Born" also, but so far my babes have been night arrivals :o)

    ReplyDelete