Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Happy Halloween Week

From Halloween 2010

So, Halloween was on a Sunday this year, which creates an interesting issue in Southeast Idaho -- trick-or-treat on Saturday or Sunday? We opted for going out on the actual holiday, since we were only going for a block or so anyway, and it turned out perfectly. We had trick-or-treaters on Saturday, so the kids got to hand out candy, and we went to a few awesomely decorated houses on Sunday. It was a nice, low-key ending to a LONG week of spooktacular fun.

We did it all (almost). We started the week before with Pocatello's Boo at the Zoo. It was fun to get out, and really nice to see the zoo full. Then, on Wednesday, we went to preschool pumpkin carving night at the library. Thursday was trick-or-treat at the Idaho Falls Zoo, which was my personal favorite. The zoo was lit up, the weather was nice, and the kids had a good time. Friday was trick-or-treat day at school (daycare) and Sunday was a party at Unca's house and trick-or-treating.

It was all fun, but I'm totally done.

Anne Marie was very happy to show off her costume — a purple butterfly.

From Halloween 2010

From Halloween 2010

Thomas the duck doesn't sit still for any kind of posing. I swear I have half as many photos of him as Anne Marie. Most look like this:

From Halloween 2010

Sometimes I can catch him on the other side:
From Halloween 2010

Sometimes I get Anne Marie to catch him for me.
From Halloween 2010

2 comments:

  1. I have a similar problem getting my boys to pose for my pictures! Let me know if you figure out any tricks! Love both of their costumes....do I remember correctly that AM was a duck a few years ago? Super cute little duck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very cute!! Wish I could have handed them candy!

    ReplyDelete