Thursday, May 19, 2011

Baby Monkey

The writing prompt at Mama Kat's this week is 10 things about one of your favorite people. Here goes:




1. Your recent obsession with being called "baby monkey" just melts my heart. I love it when I'm in the kitchen cooking, and you run up just to say, "Hi mommy monkey," or "Whatcha cookin', mommy monkey?" So freaking cute.

2. Even though you have been known to show a temper, you are beyond sweet with babies and kitties.

3. Excited is not nearly a strong enough word for how you act when I suggest something you like. I hope I never lose that image of you screaming, "OK!" and running in circles. "Get a drink? OK!" "Go outside? OK!"

4. You have a heightened sense of right and wrong (sometimes it's only perceived wrongs, but you'll figure that out). This causes some tempery issues right now, but it will serve you well later.

5. You say "Hi" to everyone.

6. You aren't afraid to try new words, even if it takes you awhile to get them out.

7. You are always on the move.




8. You are always a bit disheveled. I think it makes you more real, and shows how fun you are.




9. You don't care how steep the hill is. You climb it.


10. You are totally willing to be along for the ride for most of your sister's wild games of pretend.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, that's so sweet. Make sure to save it and email it to yourself when he turns 13.

    Signed,

    The Mother of a Soon-to-be-Fourteen-Year-Old-Bay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Opps -- I meant Boy, but I think you get the idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so precious...great pics..great thoughts..and sis looks wonderful...priceless! Just stopped in from Mama Kat and glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling post. Beautiful family. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Em, your kids are so cute! I love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet post and baby monkey!!!

    ReplyDelete