Thursday, May 12, 2011

Good friends

Over the years, I've been lucky enough to have a lot of good friends, most of whom care about me a lot more than they think I do. For today's Mama Kat Writer's Workshop, however, I'm going to talk about my wonderful friends, Greg and Denise, who just moved back to Pocatello after a few years away.

You know the type of friend that you can not be around, or even talk to for a long time, but when you do, you can pick up where you left off. They are those friends. I'll never forget our first time visiting them in New Mexico. We hadn't seen them in at least a year, but as soon as we arrived, we felt totally comfortable. It was one of the most comfortable feelings I've ever had with friends, to be honest. They've loved us, and they've loved our kids. Anne Marie has adored Denise since the beginning.


From albuquerque and snow


They are Thomas's Godparents, and I can't think of a better example he can have of God's love.


From Thomas baptism


Last year, their family grew by two, and I can already feel that our kids are going to be wonderful friends.


From Albuquerque


You just couldn't ask for anything more.

Mama’s Losin’ It








3 comments:

  1. I love the friends you can just pick up with after you've been away for a long time. They are the best. thank you for stopping by at Georgia Girls. We love having comments to read. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be wonderful to carry the friendship down to the next generation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Emily...what a beautiful post! Thank you so much! We are happy to be back! And even happier that our children will get to grow up together...it was so much fun watching them play together yesterday! Looking so forward to a summer of fun!! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete