Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Reading Real Books


I have always loved to read. I'll grab anything that doesn't have weird names, which pretty much excludes fantasy novels.

For a long time, however, I never picked up a book that wasn't a cookbook. I didn't have any time. I blamed it on my kids, but really, it is my method of reading that killed me. I can't pick up a book and read it for 15 minutes. When I pick up a book, I finish it. If I can put it down after 15 minutes, chances are good that I won't pick it up again.
Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Wi-Fi, Graphite, 6" Display with New E Ink Pearl Technology - includes Special Offers & Sponsored Screensavers
Recently in my house, we've entered a time of peace, where the kids seem to be able to play together and don't need me all the time. So I've started reading again.

Another thing that has got me reading is this little wonder:
I got a Kindle for my birthday, and I am in love with it. I didn't think I cared about how I read and that I liked real pages, but it turns out real pages aren't actually that important to me. Also, all the classics are free, so I read Little Women and Pride and Predjudice as soon as I got the thing.

 I was reading a book last week, and I actually thought to myself, "I wish this was on my Kindle. Then I wouldn't have to worry about this book." How lame is that? The Kindle has made me so lazy that I don't even want to pick up your average-sized mass market paperback. Uggh.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment