Wednesday, September 5, 2007

It's been awhile

It's been awhile, but I'm back. Hopefully, I'll get better at blogging. I think I should add it to my list of daily routines.

Another thing I should add: exercise. It's been 9 months since I've exercised regularly. The end came with the required bedrest last January, and, although I've made some half-hearted attempts, my exercise has been limited to the occasional 11 p.m. workout and short Sunday hikes through the mountains. So last night I decided that today I would start running again. Then this morning I woke up to a monsoon. It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen. We just don't get rain that doesn't stop.

I used to always run in the rain before, but this time I'm not sure how Miss Priss will like it. But we're going to flip the cover on her stroller and go for it. Alex showed me a pretty awesome Web site awhile back, http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/, so I can map our route.

We're starting slow- 1.21 miles, but I'll let you know how it goes. Here's our route (we go around the park twice). http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1292475

1 comment:

  1. i can totally understand the exercise rut thing- it is especially true for post newborn times. i hope life and schedules merge to provide a successful and enjoyable experience! :)

    ReplyDelete