Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The problem with both parents parenting

Let me start by saying I absolutely love how much Matt parents his daughter (as all dads should, but many don't). But on many days, like yesterday, her life is split. SHe gets day care on Mondays. On Tuesdays, it's Matt all morning, me all afternoon and evening. Wednesdays she gets me, Thursdays and Fridays are split, then Saturday and Sunday, it's "mama day." Matt and I really never see each other, but Anne Marie gets to see plenty of us both, and we can still work and go to school. Most of the time, it works like a charm. We see each other, swap kisses, tell each other what's happening, then head off.

But sometimes, things get lost in the shuffle. Yesterday, I got home from work around 12:30 p.m. to make the switch (Matt works from 1-10). Alex was at the house, fresh from a job interview (which he got, by the way- Uncle Alex will soon be in Pocatello). Alex, Anne Marie and I went to lunch to celebrate, then went to look at apartments. Anne Marie got super fussy around 5 or so, but didn't seem to want to nap. I had no idea why my normally happy baby was so angry. Off and on, she was happy, but basically, it was a fuss-fest. About 9 p.m., I got her to sleep. When Matt got home at 10:30, I found out she didn't nap the entire day. Matt didn't worry about her morning nap, because he figured she'd sleep in the afternoon. I didn't think it was that weird that she didn't take a nap in the afternoon because I figured she'd slept in the morning.

She sure made up for the loss, though. She slept for more than 12 hours!

I know this story isn't too exciting, but I had nothing else. More excitement later!

1 comment:

  1. that cracks me up- we now do that with kellen AND the dog (what? he didn't poop with you? i thought he pooped with you!)

    congratulations alex!!! (where is his job?! what is he doing?!)

    ReplyDelete