Sunday, September 9, 2007

My harvest

From harvest bounty


From harvest bounty


This is what I got out of my garden today. If you walked by it, you wouldn't think anything useful was growing there. I don't do anything with the weeds unless I can see them actively choking my vegetables. The tomatoes are all volunteers. I had tons of them last year, and the thought of eating them made me want to hurl (tomatoes were my worst pregnancy aversion), so I just let them go, then tilled them under. Now there are tons of tomaties again- I just hope they turn red soon. Time is running out.

The plums are from our tree. I'm dedicated to learning the art of jam-making.

3 comments:

  1. ps- so weird. i've always not liked tomatoes until recently. what's up with that?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! let me know what and how you do the jam making- that is something that scares the crap out of me- anything involving canning, really.
    those are awesome looking veggies!

    ReplyDelete