Monday, September 17, 2007

Lack of sleep

This weekend, Anne Marie got her first bad cold. She's had the sniffles before, but nothing like this. She was up all night long, literally. Friday night we put her to bed at about 10 p.m., and we were in her room soothing her every 10 minutes until 7:30 a.m. Finally, we put her in our bed at 7:30 a.m., where she slept for two hours. She was absolutely miserable.

All night long, I was dreading that cry I knew I would hear. When she first came home, I dreaded that cry too, but mostly because I wasn't getting any sleep. This time, I never thought about my missed sleep. Instead, I was just heartbroken over my stuffy-nosed baby.

In the end, Anne Marie is just fine. She missed a day of Water Babies, but she was just fine in time for her day at college today. It's amazing, though, how much you can hurt when someone else hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment